I am very fortunate to work with these amazing people:
- Josephine Dik | PhD Student (Funded by MCSA COFUND)
- Emery Neufeld
| Postdoc (Funded by the TAIGER project)
- Xavier Parent | Researcher (Funded by an FWF Lisa Meitner grant)
- Dominik Pichler | PhD Student
- Dmitry Rozplokhas | PhD Student (Funded by the MCSA COFUND)
We offer student projects, Bachelor and Master thesis dealing with logics different from classical logic (so called non-classical logics).
The projects and the thesis, related to the research projects: (i) FWF START
Non classical proofs: Theory, Applications and Tools, (ii) FWF
TICAMORE , (iii) WWTF
Reasoning Tools for Deontic Logic and Applications to Indian Sacred Texts , and
(iv) WWTF TAIGER ,
can be theoretical, implementative or a combination of the two.
Project topics include, but are not limited to:
- Applications of non-classical logics to various fields, including
legal reasoning and constraining behaviour of autonomous agents with (ethical, legal and social) norms.
Examples of applications are contained
here for fuzzy logics and medical expert systems,
here for deontic logic and Artificial Intelligence,
here and here for deontic logics and Indian Philosophy.
- Formalization of legal and ethical norms in a formal language
- Non-classical logics: investigation of their semantics, proof theory, important properties... : search for general results or focus
on particular logics or classes of logics (modal logics, deontic logics, fuzzy logics, substructural logics, logics for causality ...).
- Computer programs facilitating the investigation of non-classical logics.
Extend the system
TINC (Tools for the Investigation of Non-Classical logics) to cover more logics or further properties.
(See here for more details on TINC)